[fluka-discuss]: All Particle GCR Simulations

From: Brittingham, John M. <John.Brittingham_at_gtri.gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 13:25:33 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,
I am trying to run a simulation in free space using the all-particle GCR spectrum at 500 MV. The two available sets of zzphi####.spc files each show a list with 50 items, with the first number in the list is the energy of the incident particles (in MeV/n), with the second number representing the abundance in /cm2/s/sr/(MeV/n).
From the provided files, I am trying to make my own spectrum for 500 MV, and it would be helpful to be certain of some of the details about how FLUKA reads these files and samples the spectrum based on the numbers in these files. For instance, it appears that some sort of curvefit is applied between the energy points, but I have not been able to discern how the fit is produced.
Also, I do not see the DPMJET-II.5 model in the 2020.0 distribution. I have searched for the file ldpm2qmd but have not located it. Was it removed from earlier distributions?
Finally, I am trying to fill out the form on fluka.org to request the source code so that I can examine these issues more closely, but the required pdf is not loading properly when I enter my information.
Thank you in advance for your help.
John