[fluka-discuss]: Puzzles about the polar angle in USRYIELD card

From: 梅志远 <meizhiyuan_at_hust.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 16:30:20 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear FLUKA experts,I want to obtain the photon yield around a Cu target shot by an electron beam. I'd like to plot the yield with an angular distribution. So I use the USRYIELD card.

I indeed get a plot as shown below. But I'm puzzled about the definition of the polar angle, namely the X axis of the plot.

(1) Yes, I know the Upper limit of the polar angle is forced to π, why? why not the natural upper limit of polar angle, 2π? In my opinion, the maximal polar angle should be 2π to cover the full angular distribution. For a polar angle of π, only half the angular distribution is obtained. Maybe it works for usual Symmetric simulations. BUT for an asymmetrical yield angular distribution, it cannot work. Did I get a wrong understanding?

 (2) How can I associate the X asis (namely the polar angle) to the solid angle in sr?

Any help is appreciate!

Best regards!

Zhiyuan

--