Re: [fluka-discuss]: Score the KE of the particles

From: Almalki, Abdulrahman <aaalmalk_at_purdue.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 18:54:23 +0000

Thank you for responding on my question.
Indeed, I'm using a modified FLUKA subroutines (comscw) for a different quantities weights such as dose averaged LET and it works as it should be. The dose averaged kinetic energy also could be scored which I've done it correctly. The problem is that the 1D plot shows an underestimated kinetic energy along the proton path (116 MeV pencil beam). After offline postprocessing, the KE at the entrance is about 10% less (plot attached) and over 70% higher at the BP. Based on NIST website, KE at the BP corresponds to 8.7 keV/um is roughly 4.8 MeV while the scored value is 7.7 MeV.

I'm not sure if my approach is viable to score the KE. If yes then why I get this variation in scoring KE while the LET is scored accurately.
Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you