Re: [fluka-discuss]: Dose estimation using Energy score with USRBIN and dose-eq score with AUXSCORE

From: <alfredo.ferrari_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 14:27:54 +0100

Dear Asish

from your message is unclear whether your geometry corresponds to the one
used for the Ambient dose equivalent definition. Ambient dose equivalent
is defined as the dose per unit fluence at 1 cm depth in the ICRU sphere
for a parallel, larger than the sphere, beam impinging on the sphere
itself.

From your message it seems to me that your geometry is fairly different,
also it is not clear where you score the dose, whether in the full sphere
or what.

If you want to compare with the H*(10) estimator you should reproduce
exactly the geometry, irradiation, and scoring conditions under which
H*(10) is defined.

Alfredo