Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutron capture on Gadolinium

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 08:25:13 +0100

Dear Alice
Neutron interactions below 20 MeV are treated on the basis of neutron
cross section evaluations in a group-wise way, except for a few isotopoes.
This means that also photon emission is treated group-wise, I mean that
the gamma energy is "grouped" in intervals, not lines. More than this,
there is no correlation among emitted gamma lines.
Paola
> Dear expects,
>
> I am having some troubles to understand how to retreive informations on
> neutron captures on Gd. I would like to reconstruct the spectrum of
> deexcitation photons. So far I select interactions with ICode=300 and
> JTRACK =8 where photons are listed among the daughter particles and I
> require that a nucleus of Gd is in the residual nucleai list (ask for
> ICRES=64). I have checked the energies of the daughter photons but they
> do not correspond to the predicted de excitation energy of the Gd
> isotope created. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best,
>
> Alice

Paola Sala