Re: [fluka-discuss]: Large size ERROR file produced during fluence scoring

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 16:11:13 +0100

Dear Ashish Singh,
the messages you get in the error files are geometry problems.
As a general rule, it is not recommended to have primary particles
starting exactly on a boundary, because of possible rounding problems (is
the particle in region VOID or in region WALL?). The source routine takes
care to solve most of those problems making use of the particle direction
(few last lines in the source.f code). However, in some cases, you have
particles starting on a boundary..with a small rounding : for instance,
x=-210.000000000002 instead of x=-210.). this causes a mismatch between
initial localization and tracking. The code is able to solve the problem,
but it issues a warning message in the err file.

Easiest solution: enlarge by a small amount your house so that all
particles start already inside the walls (something like 1 micron on each
side)

Paola

> Dear FLUKA experts,
>
> I am trying to score fluence using USERBDX & USERTRACK through a target
> air sphere of 10cm placed at 1m height inside a house structure filled
> with air for 1 MeV photons. But error size is huge which ultimately
> terminates the run due to storage issue. Screenshot of error and all
> other input files are attached for your reference. Kindly suggest me how
> i can resolve this issue. Any help regarding this issue is much
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Ashish Singh

Paola Sala