Re: [fluka-discuss]: do fluka have variance reduction tecnique of forced collision like in mcnp or phits?

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:38:16 +0100 (CET)

Dear FLUKA user,

as far as I know, FLUKA does not implement the "Forced Collision" variance
reduction technique (other users in the mailing list may correct me on
that).

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science
     do fluka have variance reduction tecnique of forced collision like in
mcnp or phits?
the tecnique like below:
The forced collisions are used for improving tally statistics or thin
target analysis by enlarging the collision
probabilities. When specified particle comes into a region defined as the
forced collision region, the particle is
divided into two particles. One has a weight by (penetration probability)
× (its weight), this particle pass through
to the next region. The other has a weight of (1 - penetration
probability) × (its weight), and it is forced to collide
with a target in the region. The collision point is randomly determined
according to cross sections. Regions and
factors for the forced collisions can be defined in this section.
Non-defined regions are set factor zero.
if fluka have, how shauld i do?
with best regards!