Re: [fluka-discuss]: Scoring optical photons

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 18:27:18 +0100

Dear Ana,
you should set energy scoring limits adapted for optical photons in the
USRTRACK and USRBDX estimators, adding a continuation line
Otherwise, the code will set by default the lower limit to zero and the
higher limit to the beam energy, thus all your optical photons e=will be
in the first energy interval
something like
USRTRACK 1. OPTIPHOT -21. target 100.track1
USRTRACK 1.E-8 1.E-9 &
and
USRBDX 111. OPTIPHOT -24. VACOU target 360000.optiphot
USRBDX 1.E-8 1.E-9 500. 0.0 1. &
should work
regards
Paola
> Dear experts,
>
> I am trying to obtain the Cherenkov photons spectra produced by electrons
> in liquid argon using the USRBDX card. They seem to be produced, but I
> cannot score them.
> Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong? I have attached the input
> file.
>
> Thank you,
> Ana Chiriacescu

Paola Sala