Re: [fluka-discuss]: Re: Prompt Gamma Spectrum SImulation

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 08:27:22 +0200

Dear Pierfrancesco
quoting from the manual
"For a few isotopes only, neutron transport can be done also using
 continuous (pointwise) cross sections. For 1H, 6Li and 10B, it is applied
as a user option (above 10 eV in 1H, for all reactions in 6Li, and only
for the reaction 10B(n,alpha)7Li in 10B). For the
 reaction 14N(n,p)14C, pointwise neutron transport is always applied."
The inclusion of more isotopes is on the to-do list, but it is not an easy
task.
Regards
Paola

> Dear Paola,
> thanks you for you help. I would like to ask you if there are some
elements in FLUKA not included in the "groups formalism" and for which
is possible to obtain the gamma lines (excluded annihilation and 478
10-B peaks). Or is it so for all the elements?
> Thanks again
> Pierfrancesco
> Il 24/03/2021 19:59, Pierfrancesco Ulpiani ha scritto:
>> Dear Expert and FLUKA Users,
>> I'm tring to obtain a Prompt Gamma Simulation Spectrum from a sample of
Fe and Cu using a Ge Detector.
>> I'm able to obtain the spectrum using the DETECT card, that shows the
sharp peaks as expected.
>> The problem is that the peaks are not in the positions reported in the
database (as IAEA PGAA Database).
>> The intensities are not respected.
>> Can someone help me to understand why this happens?
>> I'm attaching my INPUT File and the resulting Spectrum.
>> Thank you !
>> Pierfrancesco

Paola Sala
INFN Milano