Re: [fluka-discuss]: FLUKA with gfortran7

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 15:02:26 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Alessandro,

regarding the linker, if you can find (or build yourself) a more actual
"ld", that may work - I occasionally build FLUKA on a platform where I use
a "ld"-command which is on a remotely mounted filesystem (by simply adding
the directory on this filesystem which contains the "ld"-command to the
front of the $PATH-variable), and I can install FLUKA with this (provided
the "external" ld-command is compatible with your system).

For the glibc, our system administrator on CentOS has created a glibc/2.31
environment as a module, which can be loaded when needed (it overrides
the standard glibc on the system) - I use this for building FLUKA, once FLUKA
is installed, it is not needed anymore (e.g. for linking user routines etc.
it is not required, at least I do not see any errors/crashes).

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science