Re: [fluka-discuss]: Default FLUKA settings for LET_D simulations

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 09:46:48 +0200

Dear David,

sorry for the very late answer

The two defaults are well suited, however, if you have carbon ions
and/or  a not-too-light target, PRECISION would be better.

This because PRECISIO enables  heavy evaporation after nuclear
interactions. This is not relevant for system with compound mass A<=16,
where the fermi breakup is used at the place of eveporation. It can be
relevant for heavier systems.

Note that PRECISIO will imly a CPU penalty, due to evaporation and to
lower transport thresholds.

Both defaults can be further tailored trough input cards

Hope this helps

Paola