Re: [fluka-discuss]: the default unit of particles' energy, GeV or GeV/n?

From: <alfredo.ferrari_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 11:49:57 +0200

Dear Zhiyuan

for all estimators, USRBDX, USRTRACK, USRYIELD etc, by default the energy
scored is the *total* kinetic energy in GeV.

For USRBDX, USRTRACK, if you issue an empty USRBDX, USRTRACK card with
only EM-NUCL in the SDUM field, then the *all* USRBDX, USRTRACK estimators
will be in kinetic energy/nucleon (GeV/n), with the convention that
mesons. leptons and antibaryons are assumed to be 1 nucleon (that is it
their kinetic energy undivided which is scored). This feature is
unfortunately still undocumented in the manual.

For the BEAM card, for all projectiles, HEAVYION excluded, the energy or
the momentum, depending on the sign, are the *total* kinetic energy or the
*total* momentum. For HEAVYION projectiles they are the kinetic energy per
unit mass (~ per nucleon) or the momentum per unit mass.

I hope this helps
Alfredo