Re: [fluka-discuss]: USRBIN volume

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:29:02 +0000

For the calculation of fluences, or dose, etc. in meshes FLUKA 'knows' what the volume of a given voxel is (in rectangular or cylindrical coordinates it can be easily computed, as you indicated) and does use that volume. If scoring over regions, then the story would be different.

Please, note also that "The energy lost is apportioned among different bins according to the relevant step fraction." -( FLUKA MANUAL )

I am not sure about your other assumptions, but I'd say that this estimator has been extensively benchmarked.

-M