Re: quenching + usedump

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:45:30 +0100 (CET)

Dear Sandra
sorry for the late answer.
Quenching in mgdraw.f is activated by the USERDUM card with UDQUENCH sdum.
The quenched values are calculated in mgdraw.f and are stored in the
DTQUEN(IT,JBK) array:
the IT index runs on the (possible) sub-divisions of the track, like in
the Dtrack array. The JBK index selects the set of birk parameters. These
are numbered according to the order of input in the userdump card. It is
up to the user to choose the correct set of parameters.
Warning for all users: this feature is present only in versions fluka2006
and newer. In case you are using older versions of mgdraw.f, please update
them according to the prototype in usermvax/
Paola

> Dear all.
> My problem is related to the possibility to write a user routine(a
> modified
> version of mgdraw.f) including in the energy deposition (endraw) the birks
> parameters I like and the relative quenching.
> How can I do?
> In the manual, the SDUM in the USERDUM can be UDQUENCH but in this case it
> seems not going into the mgdraw routine.
> (without user defined output files)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sandra

> SANDRA MORETTO