Re: [fluka-discuss]: Ambient Dose Equivalent using AUXSCORE

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 21:51:42 +0000

Hi Ram,

As you may well understand, the dose scorings (dose, dose equivalent, ambient dose equivalents, etc.) are intensive, i.e. they don't scale to the dimensions, so what you are obtaining is logical, but what you are trying to do isn't.

Just so that you understand, what you are doing is like adding up the temperatures of all nodes in a mesh (what would be the sense of that unless you want to obtain an average temperature?). Obviously, the result will scale to the number of nodes in the mesh.

note: doses are related to track length densities --> intensive units.

-M