AW: [fluka-discuss]: Conversion GeV/cm3/ primary

From: Ophoven, Niklas <n.ophoven_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 08:40:33 +0000

Hello,

if you want to score energy deposition in FLUKA with the USRBIN scoring, the output is always expressed in GeV per cm3 per unit primary weight. You simulate protons, with known energy and beam current. You can calculate a number of protons/s hitting your target from the current (1 C=1 As, 1 proton carries 1.602 x 10^-19 C, hence 1 mA equals ~ 6.242E+15 protons/s), and if you multiply the energy deposition per primary with that number you get an estimate for the energy deposition/s in your heavy target. In principle you could get the energy deposition in GeV/cm3 for any time span just by multiplying with your proton flux and the time in seconds.

I hope that this is of help to you.

Kind regards,

Niklas