Re: [fluka-discuss]:

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:43:33 +0100 (CET)

Dear Mohammed,

FLUKA uses the central limit theorem to estimate a gaussian standard
deviation on the scored results (see
https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/contributions/3121551/attachments/1974578/3285956/MC_2019.pdf
for an explanation of the method).

For this, FLUKA requires to have at least 5 independent runs (this is the
default when running with FLAIR, and is done on the commandline by giving
the "-N" and "-M" flags:
$FLUPRO/flutil/rfluka -N0 -M5 ./input
). Of course one can also do more runs.

Then when you process the runs for a given scorer (either from FLAIR's
"Process"-Button in the "Run"->"Data"-menu or on the commandline with the
corresponding program in $FLUPRO/flutil), the standard deviation is
calculated and can be obtained from the _tab.lis-file or plotted in FLAIR
(giving the "Type" "errorbars" for 1d-plots, or checking the
"errors"-box for USRBIN plots which in this case will give you the
relative fractional errors).

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science