Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to get cycle number in source.f program to read next event from my array

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 17:42:18 +0100 (CET)

Dear Vladimir -

I am not sure if I understand your question. What do you mean with RNDM
method?

Are you reading events from a file? Then the suggested method is to read
in all events into an array, and select from all the events randomly for
each event. An example is given in the attached source.f file in this
post:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0645.html

I also don't understand your second part - what do you mean with "cycle" -
is this a run or an event? I am not sure if you can access the run number
from source.f, as the run number is determined externally (I think).

The number of primaries followed can be accessed from NCASE-entry in the
(CASLIM)-common, however, this common is by default not included in
source.f (and I am not sure if it already contains the desired information
by the time the source.f-routines are called). It is usually accessed from
inside the SODRAW entry in the mgdraw.f user routine.

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science