Re: [fluka-discuss]: How I increase the decimal point to be 6 digits and the precision in these results

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:14:25 +0100 (CET)

Dear Mohamed Fayez Fouad,

I think the format for numbers in the .out-files is hardcoded into FLUKA,
and can not be changed by the user. While the fraction in percent of the
energy going into a certain channel seems to have only 1 digit after the
decimal point, more precision can be obtained by looking at the absolute
value of the energy fraction (e.g. in your case, escaping the system) -
this has 4 digits in precision, and by using this value, one can improve the
precision of the percent fraction, so you would get a fraction of

(1.5097E-06 GeV)/(2.0001E-05 GeV)= 75.4312 % of the available energy of
20.01 keV escaping the system.

If however these digits are really statistically significant depends
on how many primaries you run with FLUKA.

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science