Re: Score neutron from 16O(p,xn) reaction

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:27:18 +0100

Dear Lee,

in your case, the units indeed are be mb/MeV but with NOT the correct
value (at least what you would expect). If you use a target material in
USRYIELD, FLUKA will multiply the double differential quantity you are
scoring by the requested inelastic cross section and at the end
normalize by dividing with the total number of primary particles.
However to calculate the cross section, you should multiply by the
inelastic cross section and divide by the number of interacting particles.
Maybe the easiest way would be, NOT to use any target material in
USRYIELD and later do the conversion to cross section by your self
assuming the atomic density and thickness of your material.

Another problem in your input, is that you want to define O-16 as
MATERIAL #9, but you didn't supply the "mass number" WHAT(6)=16. So you
have created a "natural" Oxygen with "average atomic weight" of 16.

Best Regards
Vasilis