Re: [fluka-discuss]: Incompatibility between the FLUKA manual and Flair

From: <alfredo.ferrari_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:18:18 +0200

Dear Hamideh

Yes there options which are described in the manual which are not yet
supported by Flair, you can just edit in Flair the relevant item and put
what the manual suggests, Flair will complain but everything will work.
You can alternatively edit directly the input file without going through
Flair, which if you are comfortable with the editor is sometimes the
safest solution.

This answers your points 1), 2), 5), and 10).

For point 3): HEAVYION is not described in the manual simply because it is
a particle name, and the first what requires a particle name, in
particular if you issue HEAVYION *also* heavy ions will be (accurately)
transported

For point 4): it is a typo in the manual, the third what must be 10.0,
we'll correct it

For point 6): i0=1 or 2 are equivalent, both are possible for
backcompatibility reasons

For point 7): momentum is what is used by accelerator people and the beam
card default is in momentum, hence why the reference is to momentum. One
can omit the beam card and get a proton beam of 200 GeV/c which is the
(old) Fluka default, I strongly discourage to use that default

For point 8): the meaning sdum= EN-NUCL or ENERGY for USTRACK (and USRBDX
as well) is detailed in the manual, look at it. Again Flair is not updated

For point 9): what you claim is not exact, the manual explains what the
various kind of scoring, look under the USRYIELD option

For point 11) USRBIN and EVENTBIN are two versions of the same stimators,
this means that if you have one USRBIN and then two EVENTBIN's, the USRBIN
is "biining" n. 1, the first EVENTBIN is "binning" nuber 2 and the second
EVENTBIN is "binning" number 3. If you use the USRBIN/EVENTBIN names in
AUXSCORE you don't care, if you use numbers you must be careful. Same
applies to USTRACK/USRCOLL.

Please don't refrain from sending other possible observation, they are
useful in fixing future Flair (and manual) versions.

Alfredo