RE: Foil simulation

From: Markus Brugger <Markus.Brugger_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:35:40 +0100

Hi Wout,

ad (1) down to 1keV

concerning the simulation of electroncs you can lower the production
threshold for electrons down to 1 keV using EMF-CUT (you can adjust
separately production threshold and transport threshold). You can also
lower delta-ray cut-off with DELTARAY together with EMFCUT
(SDUM=3DPROD-CUT), but for very low-energy electrons leaving the coated
foil you would reach the limit.

ad (2) no

To study charge amplification an offline algorithm has to be used, e.g.,
you can write the information of particles entering the sensitive volume
into an external file using a user routine (fluscw.f and USERWEIG).

hope this helps, cheers

Markus