source particle distributed by Gaussian

From: Gostishchev, Vitaliy <V.Gostishchev_at_gsi.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:18:44 +0100

Good morning,

I have a problem. Hopefully, somebody can help me. My task is to create
a source file in which particles in all three planes should have a
Gaussian distribution. At the beginning I simplified the task and fixed
z-coordinate, therefore, only two planes are required. I tried to use an
external dat-file as a source and even started with random distribution
of the particles. An idea is to load the particles' coordinates and
corresponding angles from that external file. That's why I used just a
template of the source.f with the minor changes (see the attachment). I
changed the meaning of the cosine and coordinate variables. There are x,
x', y, y' coordinates (obtained by the external code) in the
ellipseFLUKA.dat (see the attachment). Unfortunately, it doesn't work
properly. Maybe there is an easier way to solve this problem.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Gostishchev

--
Gesellschaft fur Schwerionenforschung mbH
Planckstrasse 1