RE: Neutron Multiplicity

From: Vollaire, Joachim <vollaire_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:05:24 -0700

Hi Thilo
First one general suggestion about your geometry is to avoid having RPPs
with coincident surfaces. You can easily rebuilt your geometry with
one RPP for the soil and a few well planes for your different soil
areas and the cavern.

You can obtain the number of neutrons per incident muons entering
the cavern using USRBDX. In this case you are scoring all neutrons into
the cavern (using one way scoring) including neutrons from spallation, n2n
in the soil... not only the ones originating from muon interactions.

If you want to know the neutron multiplicity from muons, you can use the
USERDUMP card/MGDRAW routine (USRDRAW entry) to score the energy
and number of secondary neutrons. Pay special attention to the
renormalization (write the weight if your are not sure your
problem is not 100% analog).

Joachim