Re: Scoring total charge with USRBIN

From: Lucia Sarchiapone <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:49:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

when you use USRBIN with particles such as BEAMPART, electrons, protons
and so on, what you estimate is the fluence (particle tracklength
density) of those particles.
The results are given in unit particle/primary/cm^2, where cm^2 comes
from the ratio of the tracklength (cm) to the volume (cm^3) of the bin.

If you want to "count" particles you can try to use a USRBDX estimator
and score the current of particles crossing the surface between two
regions (the first region could be a dummy one where the beam starts and
the second one the target).

Hope it helps,

Lucia