DOSE-EQ

From: Joel DeWitt <joel.m.dewitt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:58:52 -0500

fluka-discuss:

I would like to score dose equivalent from all particles in a
shielding situation. The trouble is that the DOSE-EQ results do not
make sense in the context of H=QxD. I have confirmed that the
dose-depth profiles from experiment and FLUKA agree, but dose
equivalent does not. I know that the FLUKA units of dose equiv. are
pSv/primary, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong since I'm obviously
scoring plain dose correctly. The attached picture is a plot of total
dose and dose equiv. from FLUKA using USRBIN.

Any feedback will be most appreciated.

Joel DeWitt
Oklahoma State University
USA