Re: Fluka VMC

From: Andreas Morsch <morsch_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:15:10 +0200

Hello,
I just made a test with fluka_vmc based on example E03 (contained in
geant4_vmc). The only changes I had to perform in order to get hadronic
heavy ion collisions are those explained in the fluka manual

In the Makefile:
link the libraries from the interface directory and the *.o inside the
archives
libdpmmvax.a
librqmdmvax.a

add the card

+EVENTYPE 2.0 DPMJET

to fluka_vmc/input/coreFlukaVmc.inp

Best regards
Andreas Morsch

> No, FLUGG can include the ion-ion generators.
> To activate this feature, one needs to change one line
> in the GNUMakefile of his own FLUGG application:
> substitute
> include $(FLUGGINSTALL)/config/binmake.gmk
> with
> include $(FLUGGINSTALL)/config/binmake_ion.gmk
> Ciao
> Paola
>
> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 08:26 +0200, Alberto Oliva wrote:
> > Thanks for the answer,
> > Is this also true for FLUGG?
> >
> > Alberto
> >
> > > Dear Alberto,
> > > You choose the wrong example..
> > > All the FLUKA capabilities are in fluka-VMC, except ion-ion collisions.
> > > These are treated in fluka through interfaces to external generators,that
> > > are not yet included in the VirtualMC framework. We hope to implement them
> > > soon.
> > > Ciao
> > > Paola

> > > Paola Sala