Re: The fate of particles

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 00:29:04 +0200

Hi Joe

Did you try tagging on the generation number (variable Ltrack in TRACKR)?
That should tell you if it is a beam particle or secondary from an
inelastic reaction. If inelastic, I would except all final state particles
to be of generation Ltrack+1, even for the diffractively scattered
particle (although for the latter not 100% sure). Also don't forget taking
weights into account when counting.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers
Stefan

--
Stefan Roesler