131-Iodine

From: Ernesto Amato <eamato_at_unime.it>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:32:47 +0200

Dear all,
thanks to the support received in this mailing-list, we succeeded in
calculating the average energy deposition per disintegration for some
radionuclides, uniformly distributed in cubic voxels of soft tissue.

The results for Yttrium-90 and Phosporus-32 are in very good agreement
with our results obtained with other MC codes, and with published data.

We find a rough disagreement for Iodine-131 isotope, obtaining results
approximately double with respect to the expected ones.
In fact, we obtain <Edep> = 335 keV instead of about 178 keV for
6mm-side voxel, and 315 instead of about 161 keV for 3 mm voxel.

Is it possible that some mistake is contained in the 131-I emission
spectrum?

Best regards,

Ernesto Amato

--