neutron production in p+p ?

From: Olaf Hartmann <olaf.hartmann_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:37:48 +0200

Dear FLUKA users,

I took the example no. 3 from the FLUKA web page and tried to look to
the particles coming out of the target (described in the attached input
file). A proton beam hits a volume of hydrogen surrounded by vaccuum.
I attached the kinetic energy spectra of particles with fluka number 1
(JTRACK, i.e. protons) in black and number 8 (neutrons?) in red/hatched.
For my taste I see too many of those neutrons (coming from a p+p
reaction). Did I miss something in the input file?

Cheers
Olaf.

pp_ekin.gif