Re: RHO meson in FLUKA

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:16:37 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Takashi
Indeed FLUKA consider all particles and resonances listed in Particle
Data Book excluding those containing bottom and top quark.
Therefore FLUKA considers also
rho and the other vector mesons. However you do not see them
in the list of particles transported by FLUKA.
The rule is that particles and resonances which have a very
short lifetime (for instance hadronic decays) are not transported but
decay immediately at production (during the so called hadronization
phase).
As far as the most important (neutral) vector mesons are concerned, the
considerd decays are:

A) rho0:
e+ e- (the one you need)
mu+ mu-
eta(550) gamma
pi0 gamma
pi+ pi-

B) omega(782):
e+ e- (the one you need)
mu+ mu- pi-
e+ e- pi0
eta(550) gamma
pi+ pi-
pi0 gamma
pi+ pi- pi0

C) phi(1020):
K+ K-
K0long K0short
pi+ pi- pi0
eta(550) gamma

(There is also e+e- decay of J/psi but it shoud be irrelevant at your
energy)

The problem is that at present I do not have any good idea about how
a FLUKA user could tag these decays. I will ask FLUKA authors if there is
way.

        Best regards
                Giuseppe Battistoni
                for the FLUKA team