Re: The seeds are wrong?

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:16:44 +0200 (CEST)

That message has nothing to do with the number that you put
in WHAT(2) of RANDOMIZ command. Any number you put there in principle
can work.
That message means that there is a problem with the file that contains
the random seed. In the $FLUPRO directory there is the standard seed for
the first cycle of a simulation. It is random.dat, which is assigned
to fort.1 at run time. New seeds file are produced by each cycle for a
given input file. They are updated during the run
every 5 minutes of cpu and are assigned to fort.2. Each of them is the
seed for the next cycle of simulation for a given input.

You should check the integrity of these files.

        Giuseppe Battistoni
        for the FLUKA team