Very thin target

From: Maruyama, Takashi <tvm_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:53:58 -0800

I have been following the discussion regarding multiple scattering and
thin target simulation with great interest. My problem is as follows. A
6 GeV e- beam hits a gold foil with 10^-4 radiation length (0.3
microns). I have a scoring plane at 10 m from the foil, and look at the
radial distribution. I need to understand the tail of the distribution
at 10^-4 level. Is it possible to simulate scattering from such a thin
target? Are there any parameters I should use for this situation? Thank
you.

Takashi Maruyama
SLAC