Re: Plotting Problem with Flair

From: Alessio Mereghetti <alessio.mereghetti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:16:56 +0100

Hi Sunil,

The problem is not with Flair, but in the *.inp file. Indeed, the
distance between the Y7 and the Y8 planes (0.12cm) doesn't respect the
repetition step for the lattice cells (0.22 cm on the y-axis): because
of this mismatch, in the replica you don't find the entire prototype
(the line of holes in the lead target), but only ~half of it (0.12cm)
and the vacuum on top (0.1cm). You should move that plane (and
consequently all the others, up to Y17) down by 0.1 cm.

A potentially relevant advice: the beam starts at (0.0,0.0,0.0), but
that point is on the boundary between the target and the vacuum around;
I would suggest to slightly displace the source point (0.01 cm are large
enough).

A much less relevant advice: the WHAT(1) (=200+transformation index) of
all the ROT-DEFI cards implies a rotation around the y-axis of 0.0deg
polar/theta angle. Since it is a pure translation, for an easier reading
of your file, I would suggest to avoid the 200.

Cheers
Alessio

-
  Mereghetti Alessio