Re: VOXEL GEOMETRY (with attachment)

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:53:29 +0200

tp1.mi.infn.it [192.84.138.69]); Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:46:24 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

--8323328-1499803886-1271433471=3D:6764

Dear Antonello,

may be I misunderstand your actual needs, but I wonder if indeed what you=
=20
want is just to get an energy deposition map over your ionization chamber.=
=20
If this is the case, you have simply to input an USRBIN detector, defining=
=20
a (cartesian or cylindrical) grid which will give you the energy=20
deposition density [GeV/cm3] averaged over each cell (if this=20
size-adjustable scoring cell is what you call voxel).
On the other hand, the voxel geometry capability of FLUKA is intended to=20
implement a density/material map, typically coming from a CT scan and=20
imported after suitable pre-processing by the fortran tool you attached.=20
If this is really your aim, then I suggest you take a careful look at the=
=20
beginner course dedicated lecture, available at=20
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/mumbai2009/Lectures/Voxels_and_m=
ed_App1009.pdf
Of course in that case you realize that you must have an input "Hounsfield=
=20
Unit" matrix.

Hope this helps

Francesco