Re: Difficult geometry problem

From: <wurth_at_ipno.in2p3.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:18:17 +0200

Hello Joseph,

First of all, I sympathize. I know what it's like to struggle with some
complex geometry issues.
Maybe juse a hint there: when I modelize some complex geometry such as
accelerator facilities, I use the high accuracy fixed format to define
bodies.
It is very useful especially when you introduce some cosines like the
ones which corresponds to your "awkward angles".
It is set in the geometry title card just under the geobegin card, by 0 -10.
It allows you to define your bodies coordinated and parameters in double
precision format.
It is a rather long work, I did it for several hundreds of bodies once,
but it was useful.

I tried your file and indeed the informations in the *.err, *.log, *.out
files indicate some normalization problem during the particle tracking.

I never used the ARB, BOX bodies, the problem could not come from those?

Hope it helps,

Sebastien.