Re: A logic code error (possibly?)

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:53:59 -0700

Hi Vasilis,

I made a typing error in my message about the WHAT(5): it is and was on
the GEOBEGIN card, not the GEOEND card. It is true that WHAT(5)=2
eliminates the error messages.

However, as noted earlier, the figure I get from Flair shows a strip of
the Wedge region is absent. It includes the steel part of the Wedge and
a part of the vacuum hole. The figure is attached again. I checked
again, with some tweaks on the file, and the problem still exists. (If
the alternate coding in the .inp file is used, the wedge disappears
entirely from the figure. I think the two codings should be logically
the same.)

Contrary to what I wrote before, Fluka runs and particles get all of the
way through the geometry. (I had not looked in the right way before.)
But I am uncertain as to how reliable the results are. They look
sensible, but... I don't know if Fluka or Flair is more at fault in
removing the strip from the figure.

I think I now have a geometry file (including ARBs, ARBs inside ARBs,
and BOXes) that works and does not need a huge number of significant
digits (perhaps even fewer than I am using). It has been tested with a
few million events and is ready for production with hundreds of millions
of particles.

How worried should I be about the 'glitch' in the figure? My near-final
.inp file is attached.

With regards,
Joe Comfort