Re: Optica Photon Transport in Scintillators

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:02:49 +0200

Dear Ali,

you obviously need to link your user routine into your own executable
through $FLUPRO/flutil/lfluka. The problem is that your frghns.f version
does not do what is designed to do, i.e. defining a roughness coefficient
FRGHNS - by default zero - in the range (0,HLFHLF), as a function of the
variables in the routine interface. You touch instead the incident
particle direction cosines, which is not what the code expects from this
routine.

By the way, one does not need to redefine PI (in single precision!) since
already available in (DBLPRC) as PIPIPI. And the RANDOM subroutine is
unknown to me (in FLUKA you have the function FLRNDM giving back a random
number sampled uniformly over the range [0,1)).

As you may already know, keep in mind that FLUKA itself does not generate
and transport any photon below the cutoff energy, which cannot be lowered
below 1keV. So the optical photon generation and transport is ruled by the
user through the OPT-PROD and OPT-PROP cards and the other relevant user
routines, as pointed out in the dedicated chapter 12 (and links therein)
of the manual.

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti