dose scoring differences?

From: Ian Dawson <ian.dawson_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 01:12:27 +0100

hi, when scoring dose using USRBIN 17 (228) for a region, I seem to get
slightly different results (~ few percent) than using SCORE 208 and
converting to dose (dividing by density etc.) Is there an explanation
for this? Boundary effects? Of course I make sure the user binning
coincides with the region.

The difference is also there for USRBIN 12 (228) versus USRBIN 17 (228)

If no obvious explanation, could someone check this? Eg by firing some
GeV charged particles through a simple target (I used thin silicon ~mm
thickness, simulating with PRECISION defaults)

Thanks, Ian