Re: Help in installing FLUKA with Ubuntu

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:43:14 +0100

Yes you can !!
To compile Fluka, you need to have g77 on your ubuntu distribution.
Unfortunately and for obscure reasons, the g77 compiler is no longer
available on the lastest versions, in fact since the 8.04 version
(hardy), that is 3 years ago. But you can get it and the cpp and gcc
at the ubuntu packages website. You can find it at the following url
(this is the french url...)

http://packages.ubuntu.com/fr/hardy/g77-3.4

Don't forget to download the packages linked with this one (gcc3.4, libc6, libg2c...)

Hope this help.
Jean-Emmanuel

Quoting moradi<moradi_at_msc.guilan.ac.ir>:

> hi
> Dear Mr/Mrs
> I try too install fluka on my laptop but every time
> I write 'make' on the terminal error
> 'g77 not found' has shown. please help me how too install fluka.
> I have another question: Can I install Fluka on Ubuntu?

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire de Chimie Physique et Rayonnements Alain Chambaudet (LCPR-AC)
UMR CEA E4
Universit=E9 de Franche-Comt=E9
16, route de Gray
F-25030 Besan=E7on Cedex