Re: Spherical boundary for USRBDX?

From: Bertrand H. Biritz <beb2015_at_med.cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:08:09 -0500

Dear FLUKA members,

I have a hopefully brief follow up question. Using USRYIELD I can have the fluence
as a function of energy and polar angle. If I use USRBDX I can have it as a function
of energy and steradian. Is there a way to give me the fluence as a function of energy,
polar and azimuthal angle? How would one go about measuring the fluence as a
function of energy 360 degrees around a target?

A simplified setup of the simulation I am running is: I have a tungsten
target being hit by an electron beam. This target is inside of a shielding
rectangle (13.4 by 13.3 by 10 cm, x, y and z respectively) with the z
end having an opening bore to allow the beam in. How would I go about measuring
the fluence escaping the shielding in all directions? Perhaps the idea of being
able to say what the fluence is for a particular bin in E, theta, phi is the wrong
way of going about this...

Sincerely,
Bertrand

P.S. I included the email I had sent to Alberto, when I replied I forgot to
include the fluka-discuss email address