RE: deposit_fraction

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:56:43 -0700

Ertan,

Your formula does not lead to the right dimension
([Energy^2/(Volume*time)], but I see what you mean.

Do the following:
1) Run FLUKA using USRBIN with what(2)=3DENERGY to get the TOTAL energy
deposited in your region. In your case I'd score per region (unless you
want to see the energy deposition pattern or peak), WHAT(1)=8.0
2) If you score per region and you haven't specified otherwise the
region volume is 1 cm^3, so your USRBIN result will actually be
expressed in GeV/primary, for example, it could be something like 1E-2
GeV/primary
3) In order to obtain the fraction of your beam power deposited in that
given volume now just divide by the energy of your primary. For a
monoenergetic beam that would be what you wrote in WHAT(1) of the beam
card (if you used WHAT(1)<0). For example, if your beam energy was 5
GeV, just do the following: 1E-2 [GeV/primary] / 5 [GeV/primary] 2E-3
> 0.2 % is your deposited fraction

Mario