RE: Isotope beam

From: Mary Chin <Mary.Chin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 16:49:32 +0200

Dear Lucia,

When an isotope beam is requested, emissions from the mother as well as
subsequent daughters are generated. I assume the 'primary particles' you
refer to are the ones with the generation number assigned as one. The mother's
emissions may be differentiated from the daughters' emissions by looking at
the generation number. Emissions (betas/gammas in this case) from the mother
(132Sn) will have generation number =1, whereas emissions from subsequent
daughters (132Sb, 132Te, ...) will have generation number != 1.

Further, particles (betas/gammas in this case) coming from radioactive decays
may be differentiated from particles coming from interactions by the
event-flag LRDCAY.

I hope you find this helpful.

:) mary