Fwd: Re: Dosimetry simulations : composition of materials of interest and results ?

From: <wurth_at_ipno.in2p3.fr>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:52:57 +0200

Alberto,

Thanks for the lecture, it helps but arises some other questions (sorry).
Maybe I can switch back to the discuss in order to stop pestering you.

All right, I could do some tests as you adviced and I will.

But assuming the electronic equilibrium, I can write :

Absorbed energy (D) = transfered energy (Kerma)

Or Kerma (K) is proportionnal to energetic fluence (F) : K =
(µtransfered/rhô)*F and D = K.

And here comes a Fluka question : I noticed that fluence calculations in
USRBIN classical detectors seems always to have a better convergence speed
(needs simply less statistics, less primaries) as dose calculation or
deposited energy for instance when you plot the results in flair or
pawlevbin+paw. Is this true or just an rather strange idea of mine ?