question on beam position definition when rotations are involved.

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:15:08 -0700

Hello,

I am working with a geometry with two sets of axes (x,y,z) and (x,y',z')
or rotation about x by some angle. A subset of the geometry, beam pipe
and target assembly are in the (x,y',z') coordinates and the rest
(shielding mainly) is in the x,y,z coordinates.
I do the rotation using ROT-DEFI and $start_transform, $stop_transform.

I start the beam inside the rotated coordinates (x,y',z'). I am
wondering what the and y coordinates of the beam refer to in this case?
   Are x and y position of the beam with respect to the rotated
coordinate system? I set a 'cosy' to align the beam with the centerline
of the beam pipe and target assembly.

I am a new fluka user and hope my question above is clear. Is there a
way to visualise the beam when looking at the geometry? Is there a way
to check that the beam is in fact going through the center of the target?

Thanks and best wishes,
Mina