RE: Timeout error

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:02:30 +0000

Hi Nicholas,

> My understanding of Monte-Carlo simulation is that if I run a simulation
> with 5E6 particles in a single run, it would have the same statistical result as 5
> independent runs at 1E6. Is there something else I'm missing here?

If you run for example 10E6 in a single run or 5 x 2E6 or 2 x 5E6 then the
estimators for the first statistical momenta will be identical, for example
your averaged spectra or dose rate etc. However, higher order momenta will
not be identical but they should converge unless there has been a problem.

Cheers
Chris