RE: Disparity in Results between FLUKA & MCNPX

From: Macfarlane, Lewis <Lewis.Macfarlane_at_nuclear.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:11:04 +0100

Daniela,

In my case I found good agreement behind the beam dump, it's only in
front of the beam dump (opposed to the beam direction) where I appear to
see the problem! Thank you for your suggestion regarding the stopping
power interpolation within MCNPX, I wasn't aware of this. However I
agree, I don't think this is the root cause as my colleague is having
similar issues with a more compact (but similar material-wise) 200 MeV
electron beam dump.

It seems that any light anyone can shed on these differences could help
both of us!

Best regards,
Lewis.