Re: stopping power tabulations

From: Paola Sala <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:51:30 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Bob
the DELTARAY cards refers to delta ray production and energy loss by
hadrons and muons, not by electrons/positrons.
To get energy loss tables for electrons, one should set the PRINT sdum in
the EMFFIX card.
By the way, I'm puzzled by your idea of separating the energy losses in a
mixture, I am not able to find a physical meaning for this.


hello all

As the manual says:
"DELTARAY can be used also to define (and print) the mesh width of the
stopping power tabulations used by the program."
I have tried my best to find the stopping power tabulations used by my
program,but get nothing at all.
How can i get(print or output?)the electron(or photon?) stopping power
tabulations of some material?
For reference only:
The reason i ask the question above is that:
On 6/15/2011 12:29 PM, wrote:=20
> dear all
> E=500kev photon through the region which be assigned by mixture of
> My question is how can I get the Energy deposition of Gd2O3 or Al2O3
> while I can only get the total Energy deposition in the region.
> thanks

>It is not possible to separate the contribution explicitely.

I think that if i can get the stoping power tabulations of Gd2O3 or
Al2O3,and mutiply it by electron flux.then i can separate the
contribution in the mixture.
Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148
Received on Thu Jul 21 2011 - 21:06:05 CEST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Thu Jul 21 2011 - 21:06:07 CEST