Parameters in FLUKA includes

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 19:48:53 +0200 (CEST)

I wish to add a comment to the answer by Roberto to the
question about parameter ZERZER, as a tip
for all new users.

For most of compilers, in order to achieve the desidered
accuracy, it is fundamental to express numerical constants
in the desired numerical precision.
The FLUKA include (DBLPRC) contains a set of PARAMETERS
in double precision for most of numerical constants.
All those users making use of FLUKA user routines should know
and use such paramters.
As I said they all (but one) defined to be in double precision, which is
the standard for FLUKA programming.
There are integers (like ZERZER but also ONEONE = 1, TWOTWO = 2 etc.)
common fractions, common irrational numers (ex. PIPIPI = Pi), and also
many physical constansts.
The alternative is that users instead of writing, say for example 1.,
shoud write 1.D+00, otherwise, as I said, compilers like g77 or gfortran,
treat the the number in different ways.
The exception in the precision in the set of available PARAMETRES is
ZERSNG which is 0. in single precision.

Include (DBLPRC) is, like all other includes, contained in
$FLUPRO/flukapro directory and it can be easily inspected.
In order to inspect includes, using command line, it is often required
to put a backslash (\) in front of the parenthesis.
For example:
more $FLUPRO/flukapro/\(DBLPRC\)

        Giuseppe Battistoni