Re: Isotope in beam card

From: Sunil C <csunil11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:33:51 +0530

Thanks Andrea and Sujoy for pointing out the error. I could run the input
with the energy information in the second card of the USRTRACK.
I got the result without the use of Decay time card which I think (please
correct me if I am wrong) is not required for semi analog mode. In fact in
the trouble shooting exercise, I tried that card too. With a positive
cooling time the run of course does not produce any result and a " decay
(cooling) times defined but analogue decays requested. Ignored !!! " is
printed.

In fact in FALIR, you can choose either a cooling time or a semi analoge
mode in DCYSCORE card, not both. For radioactive isotope, you need to have
DCYSCORE card in semi analogue mode.

I have a suggestion to Vasilis here. since FLAIR usually puts a default
upper energy -which is the beam energy- in the continuation card, I am sure
many users leave that card untouched. Since a beam energy is not meaningful
for ISOTOPE Beam (and also for a heavy ion beam), a warning of sort can be
built into the continuation of the scoring cards.

Best regards
Sunil

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM, <sujoy_at_veccal.ernet.in> wrote:

> Dear Sunil,
> The core dump is due to the fact that you have not assigned any Emax to
> USRTRACK card. I have assigned and could get the output. But for using
> isotope beam, there should be DCYTIMES also otherwise the scoring will give
> zero output. The output file is attached for your reference.
>
> With Regards,
> S. Chatterjee
> Scientific Officer,
> TLD Unit, BARC
> Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre,
> 1/AF, Bidhannagar,Kolkata-64
> Off:+91-33-23184207
> Fax:+91-33-23346871
>
> Hi All
>
> I remember Francesco's
suggestion<http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/2865.html>in
the discussion list about using the ISOTOPE SDUM in the Beam card to